The lessor mentioned under the following Car Rental Policy refers to Be VIP Rent a Car and rents cars according to the terms and conditions stated here under. By signing them, the hire acknowledges and agrees to be bound to them all.
• The car will be delivered to the hirer in best overall condition and without defects or damages.
• Any apparent defects at the moment of delivery of the car will be registered and documented.
• The car is to be returned to the lessor in the same condition as received, at the location and time according to agreement.
• The lessor preserves the right to retrieve the car without prior notice and at any time at the expense of the hirer if the if the car is used in violation of this agreement.
The hirer guarantees that:
• The hirer undertakes to make sure of the car’s condition periodically by checking of the oil, water, fire and tire pressures and inform the lessor of any mechanical, tire or electrical problems. The hirer needs to report to the lessor any signal that appears on the screen for warning of any type of maintenance. The hirer shall bear any damages as a result of driver misuse including an administration fee for not reporting this fault and continuing to drive the vehicle.
• The driver is authorized – The driver has held a valid driving license for more than one year and is 21 years of age or above. The vehicle will be driven only by the drivers whose names and International Driving Licenses are registered on the rental agreement. For Non-GCC International Driving License Holders, approval is required under the law of the UAE Government.
• The hirer should not use the vehicle for off road driving, motor sports, rallying, towing or any activities that may damage the vehicle. The hirer is responsible for any damage including an administration fee to the vehicle due to any misuse.
• The vehicle will not be used for transportation of any illegal substances (alcohol, drugs etc.) or transport merchandise or transport passengers for hire or any other illegal act. In case of fines or confiscation of the vehicle the hirer is responsible for payment for all damages to the lessor, like full value of the vehicle, fines, claims of passengers, third party claims and loss of income or loss of rental.
• No insurance coverage is applicable if,
– The hirer/driver during the period of the rental sublets the vehicle without the written consent of the lessor.
– The hirer/driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of an accident.
– The vehicle is driven by an unauthorized driver. Refer to clause (i).
In such cases the hirer is liable to pay for all damages to the vehicle, third party expenses, passengers in the vehicle and the full rental value for the total number of days the vehicle is under repair in the workshop and all fines. The lessor is entitled to render an administration fee for all costs incurred.
• The hirer should observe all the traffic rules and regulations and will be liable to pay penalties arising from traffic offences plus an administration fee.
• The hirer is not permitted to take the rental vehicle across the borders of the UAE.
• Should the hirer request the vehicle to be taken across the borders of the UAE this must be done in writing one week prior to the required date. The lessor will confirm or decline in writing and reserve the full right to do so.
• In case it is agreed by the parties, the hirer may be required to pay an additional cost to the lessor should special insurance cover be applicable for this period.